Greets the sun. Dances to the music of this moment. Surfs waves of life. Builds bridges. Connects dots. Finds beauty everywhere. Share smiles. Feels home in this world.
Corinne has lived in around ten countries on three continents working in the social, private and public sectors. Growing up in Switzerland Corinne started her career in tourism. Since she took chances to explore the world from different angles. Today, she looks back on more than 20+ years of rich work experiences in numerous positions worldwide. In those years she dedicated her time to wellbeing and development at individual, community, organisational and international level.
Insight into Corinne’s professional experiences
- supported in an interim position six NGO country programmes in West Africa, South Africa and Latin America in their annual business planning
- managed and coordinated the implementation of a sensitive cohort study with public and private health providers in Zambia; led a community-based research on microcredit, indigenous knowledge and women’s empowerment in India and taught international community development methodology and methods to master students at the University of Westminster in the UK
- advised projects globally on USAID marking and branding; wrote successful funding applications including to the UN; crowdfunded a six-months stay in Greece teaching English, German, yoga and mindfulness to refugees; evaluated the process of and based on evidence developed a new crisis communication concept for a Swiss NGO
- programmed health services for children and adolescents in Africa, worked in child day care centres in Switzerland, advocated as member of the Amnesty International Children’s Rights Network Committee in London for child rights and protection
- yoga brands management including social media and marketing; advising on strategy; the development of policies, terms and conditions; partner liaison; teacher and other staff coordination
- supported start-ups in strategy, operations, business development/funding and communications in Switzerland, the UK, Morocco, Tanzania, Greece and India
A taste of Corinne’s theoretical background
- MA International Community Development (Distinction) at the University of Westminster in the UK and BSc Business Administration (Distinction in major: Corporate Communication) at the University of Applied Science in Switzerland
- Stipend and certificate as only selected European for a course on qualitative and quantitative research methods in HIV, reproductive and sexual health and gender-based violence at renowned University of Witwatersrand for health studies in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Stipend and certificate for the first GIZ/DAAD Summer School on Action Research & Sustainable Habitats at the renowned Tata Institute for Social Sciences in Mumbai, India
- Certificate in Community Music and Global Cultural & Politics at the University of Arts in Switzerland and short course on English Language Teaching (ELT) to refugees with focus on those whose first language is Arabic at Solidarity Now in Thessaloniki, Greece